The potato face mask naturally removes age spots by discoloring them. This is a cheaper alternative to harsh chemical creams!
1. Potato face mask for skin tightening
This is the easiest way to apply potatoes to your skin. For best results, always cleanse your face first.
- Peel 1 potato.
- Cut 2 or 3 slices 1 cm each.
- Rub each bite into your skin. Focus on the pigmented areas.
- Wash your face after 15 minutes.
2. Potato mask against skin discoloration
Whisk the mashed potatoes in a blender. Use it every day as a regular treatment. If you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
- Peel and dice 1 potato.
- Beat until smooth. There should be no pieces.
- Apply 1 tablespoon to the face.
- Wait 15 minutes and wash off.
3. Scrub with potato sugar for an even skin color
Add sugar to the potatoes. It exfoliates dead skin cells filled with melanin. Your skin will also feel softer, smoother, and healthier.
- Prepare mashed potatoes as described above.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Apply to face, rubbing in circular motions.
- Rinse and dry with a towel.
4. Mask of potato-lemon juice to eliminate age spots
- Mix 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes with 3-5 drops of lemon juice.
- Stir well.
- Apply to face, paying special attention to the eye area.
- Wash and dry.
5. Scrub with potatoes and baking soda to remove dead cells
- Mix 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Stir until paste forms. Add more baking soda if needed.
- Massage into skin for 15-20 seconds.
- To avoid irritation, wash off immediately and pat dry with a towel.
6. Mask of potatoes and strawberries for healthy skin
For even more vitamin C, add strawberries. The nutrients will make your skin firmer and more protected. Plus the mask will smell amazing!
- Mash 2-3 strawberries and the same amount of potatoes by volume.
- Mix until smooth.
- Apply to face, avoiding eye contact.
7. Potatoes and green tea to treat hyperpigmentation
Green tea is more than just a delicious drink. On the skin, it can lighten hyperpigmentation, making it a smart choice for day-to-day care. It also fights acne by reducing sebum production so you don’t have to worry about breakouts.
- Pass the potatoes through a juicer.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of potato juice with 1 tablespoon of green tea.
- Apply tonic to face.
- To make a mask, combine 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes and 1 teabag of green tea leaves.
- Mix well and rub into the face.
- After 15 minutes, rinse and dry.
Feel free to experiment with potatoes. It is very gentle, making it ideal for all skin types. Adjust the number of additional ingredients according to your skin type.