This crispy shrimp fried rice is the perfect busy weeknight meal. Crispy baked shrimp mixed together with a homemade vegetable and egg filled fried rice. Plus it’s ready in just 20 minutes! How easy is that?
- 1 (14 ounce) box Gorton's popcorn shrimp
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen pea and carrot blend
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cooked and cooled long grain white rice
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 green onions, green parts
- Make Gorton's popcorn shrimp according to box directions.
- While the shrimp is baking add vegetable oil to a 12-inch skillet set over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot add in the frozen peas and carrots, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes just to defrost the vegetables.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour the eggs into the cleared side. Scramble for a few minutes just to cook the eggs. Once fully cooked mix together and stir in rice and soy sauce.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until all the ingredients are heated through.
- Add in the cooked shrimp and green onions and toss to combine.
- Serve warm.