- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 ounce black truffles, finely chopped or shaved
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Heat water to simmering in a double boiler. Whisk together the eggs and truffles in the top portion of the double boiler and add the butter. Continue whisking the eggs over the simmering water until they form small curds resembling cottage cheese. Remove the eggs from the heat, season with the salt and pepper, and then serve immediately, while hot.
- Cook’s note: Take care to continue whisking the eggs as they cook to produce this recipe’s signature curd-like texture. If you allow the eggs to cook without stirring, they will produce a scrambled egg texture – not the intended result.