- 24 oz day old croissants (12 store prepared croissants)
- 3 shots espresso
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup light cream
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- cinnamon to sprinkle overtop
- Oven at 350 degrees.
- Cut the day old croissants into medium-large pieces.
- In a large bowl add the milk, cream, condensed milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and slightly cooled espresso. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the croissant into the custard mixture. Let it sit for a few minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Using a slotted spoon add the croissant to a buttered 9×9 pan. Pour the remaining custard over top. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon. Cover with foil.
- Place the 9×9 pan into a roasting pan and pour in enough water to go just under 1/2 way up the baking dish.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake another 25 minutes or until the custard is set and the top is lightly golden.