Panda Express Orange Chicken with Bacon – You can make this easy copycat recipe at home in less than 30 mins. Healthier & MUCH better than takeout.
Panda Express has recently launched a new item: orange chicken with bacon. Yes, everyone’s favorite orange chicken got together with bacon and they are now happily married in this new dish.
I am sure you have seen it on TV ads, and have already tried it, so now how do you make it? Testing again!
A few readers have requested a copycat Panda Express orange chicken with bacon recipe. I’ve got you covered!
The idea is very easy, once you know how to make orange chicken (click here for my super yummy and easy orange chicken recipe), you can just add bacon to it.
The key is to cut your bacon into bite sized pieces, and cook it in a small pan until they are super crispy. After you make your orange chicken, toss in the bacon pieces, do a couple of quick stirs and you are done.
Serve warm with steamed rice and you can have a quick and healthy Chinese takeout at home!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 423 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 slices Applewood-smoked bacon, pan-fried/baked till crisp, cut into pieces
- oil for deep-frying
- salt and sugar to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup water, ice cold
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce sauce, Huy Fong “Rooster” brand, (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar or Chinese white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- In a bowl, mix in all the Orange Sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Make the Frying Batter. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and mix in the rest of the Frying Batter ingredients until batter is smooth. Drop in the chicken cubes and mix well. Heat up a pan or wok with deep-frying oil. Gently drop in the battered chicken cubes, one by one, making sure it is spread out to prevent sticking and overcrowding the wok. Deep-fry until color changes to golden brown and completely cooked. Dish out and drain on paper towels.
- Heat up the pan/wok or over medium-high heat with 2 teaspoons of cooking oil. Stir-fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Gently pour in the Orance Sauce mixture, stir until the sauce thicken. You may adjust additional seasoning as per taste, ie. water (if sauce is too thick, cornstarch solution, to thicken the sauce), add salt, sugar, chili sauce, to taste. Toss in the deep-fried chicken and bacon, stir well, dish out and ready to serve with warm steamed white rice.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 423Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 176mgSodium 1534mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 34g