- 4 Large Low-Fat Flour Tortilla
- 1/2 pound Flank Steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (or any color combination), julienned
- 1 Onion, julienned
- 1 cup Unsalted Black Beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Chipotlé Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 4 Garlic Cloves, 2 smashed, 2 finely minced
- 8 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- Mexican Dried Herb Seasoning
- Cholula Seasoning Powder
- 2 Limes (or lemons), sliced into wedges
- 4 Jalapeno Peppers (optional)
- Marinate strips of flank steak in a drizzle of EVOO, 2 smashed garlic cloves, juice of 1 lime (or lemon), 4 tbs. chopped cilantro and a dash of the seasonings for an hour or two.
- If desired, brush jalapenos with a little oil and roast in 400F preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, turning over once halfway through.
- In a sauce pan, heat the enchilada sauce until boiling then add the beans. Stir for another couple of minutes and turn off heat.
- In a medium-heated skillet, add a little EVOO and sauté the beef strips along with the minced garlic and the julienned onion and bell pepper(s).
- Stack the tortillas on top of each other and roll as tight as you can without tearing it. Now, using a very sharp knife, thinly slice the roll from one end to the other creating fettuccine-like strands. Loosen strands and coat with EVOO and a dash of the seasonings.
- Spread tortilla strands out on individual serving platters, top each with enchilada/bean mixture, salsa and beef/veggie mixture. Garnish with remaining chopped cilantro, a lime (or lemon) wedge and a roasted jalapeno pepper.
- Another optional item you can add is shredded cheese. Before garnishing, top with shredded cheese and pop the plate in the microwave for a minute or until cheese has fully melted.