- For the shrimp:
- 3 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- a big handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- For the polenta:
- 32 oz low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp garlic & herb seasoning (I use Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic)
- 1 1/2 cups instant polenta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt & pepper
- Start with the polenta. Prepare a loaf pan by spraying it with a non stick spray.
- In a saucepan, add the broth, garlic & herb seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Shut the heat and whisk in the polenta. Add the butter and continue to whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the polenta into the loaf pan smoothing out the top, allow to cool then cover with plastic and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Once the polenta is set flip the pan over onto a lined baking sheet. Slice into approx 1 inch slices.
- Now lets start the shrimp. Preheat the the oven to 425 degrees.
- All the flavor for the shrimp comes from this right here… mix together the fresh parsley, garlic and lemon juice. Season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp well then place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- While the oven is warming you can start “frying” the polenta slices. Over medium heat, spray a large sauté pan with non stick spray. Place a few slices in and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Once the oven is set, pop the shrimp in and roast from approx 8-10 minutes. Immediately toss with the parsley-garlic-lemon juice.
- Serve the shrimp overtop the slices of “fried” polenta and enjoy!