- 1 lb of jumbo shrimp cleaned and deveined( reserve shells)
- 1 grouper filet ( about 10 oz)
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 2 ribs of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups of base tomato sauce ( see my recipe)
- 1 cup of shrimp stock
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbs floridian gourmet cajun seasoning
- In a soup pot add the oil and bring up temperature on a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and bell pepper and saute for 10 minutes. Add 1 TBS of the spice and stir for 30 seconds. Add the grouper filet and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Flip filet and cook another two minutes. Break apart filet with a wooden spoon while continuing to cook. Add another TBS of spice, worcestershire and stir for 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce and shrimp stock. Simmer for 20 minutes and stir every so often. Add shrimp and cook another 5-7 minutes until shrimp are done.
- add one lb of shrimp shells to 2-1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Pour through a colander into a bowl and allow to settle for 5 minutes. All of the residual sinks to the bottom so be careful when pouring the stock in another bowl ( slowly!) You can also freeze this.