An Asian-inspired fried rice, great as a main or a side.
- 3 egg
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup edamame bean
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp fish oil
- 1-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp red chili flake
- 6 cup cold rice (day old, if possible)
- 350g shrimp
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, saute onion, ginger and carrots in sesame oil until softened, about 5 minutes
- Add corn and edamame beans and cook for another few minutes, them stir in ginger, fish oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce and red chili flakes.
- Toss in rice and stir to coat.
- Push rice to one side of the skillet and pour eggs into the empty half of skillet. Stir, breaking up eggs and scrambling them. When eggs are almost cooked, stir into rice.
- place shrimp on top and cook, covered, about 5 minutes, until shrimp have turned pink.
- Serve with green onions.