- 4 oz of shrimp (about 9 medium shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 a small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of frozen pea and carrot
- 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice
- handfull of green onion, chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and ginger then add shrimp and toss. Allow them to marinate at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat a large sauté pan with oil over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté for about 30 seconds a side, or until they begin to turn pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium (you may need to add some more oil) and add onion to the pan cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until they begin to turn translucent.
- Add the egg right into the pan and using a spatula mix well, breaking the yolk and cooking through.
- Then add the vegetables, and rice tossing well to mix and heat through.
- Stir in the shrimp, and green onion to the pan and again mix well.
- Serve immediately with an extra drizzle of soy sauce.