- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices of swiss cheese
- 1 box of Steak-umms, cooked and blotted to remove excess oil
- 1 egg
- optional: diced, sauteed onions
- Roll out a thawed sheet of puff pastry to 16″x12″.
- With the shorter end facing you, layer your meat on the bottom half of the pastry, coming within 1 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle with 1 c. of shredded cheese, or spread out 4 slices of cheese (your choice) over the meat. Add onions if desired.
- Starting with the shorter end, roll up like a jelly roll. Place the seam side down and tuck all the ends under to seal.
- Brush with egg mixture (1 egg beaten with 1 T. water) and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let rest for a few minutes and slice into 4 pieces. Dip in ketchup and enjoy!